About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I am currently on a 12 month work placement with the NHS as part of my Business Studies Degree at Sheffield Hallam University. I am working at the Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group(ECCCG) as the Transformation Programme Support Officer. As part of my role I will be working alongside the Strategy and Transformation team at the Clinical Commissioning Group(CCG), who are working towards joining up care for the local population through the Caring Together Programme.

Friday 22 July 2016

Caring Together Task and Finish Groups, Stakeholder Event and welcoming my successor to the CCG!

16th May- 8th July 2016

For this post I have decided to group together the last couple of months as I have been working on a large piece of work for the Transformation Team as part of the Caring Together Programme.

As part of the Caring Together Governance Structure there is a Caring Together Programme Board where members of the partner organisations including Chairs and Chief Executives meet to discuss how the programme is progressing on a monthly basis. It provides direction to the Programme Executive Group and multiple workstreams that sit beneath it. At the start of the new financial year the programme board decided that in order for the programme to move at the required pace, there needed to be areas of focus for the year ahead. It was decided that the priority areas of focus would be Maternity Care, Child Health and Wellbeing and Urgent and Emergency Care including Community Care. For each of these areas it was decided that there would be Task and Finish Groups where Care Professionals would be invited to attend to discuss the proposed options for each of the areas.

Also for the areas of focus it was decided that there would be a Stakeholder event where local stakeholders including public and patient representatives would be invited to attend to discuss the proposed options. As local stakeholders have been involved in the Caring Together Programme from the start it was important to ensure that they were included in the working up of these proposed options.

I was asked by the Transformation Team to coordinate and take a lead on all of the Task and Finish Groups and Stakeholder events. For each of the priority areas there were two task and finish groups and a stakeholder event. For each of these events I had to work with the leads of each of the priority areas to put together lists of attendees with contact details so that when it came the time to send out invitations we had the list already put together. Once suitable dates were identified for the events I liaised with venues and other members of staff at the CCG to book suitable venues for the Task and Finish Groups. After this had been identified I then sent out invitations to the list of attendees that had already been generated. I was then in charge of monitoring attendance at the events by taking note of the responses that were received in a spreadsheet that I created. It was an easy way of monitoring attendance and being able to tell the priority area leads how many people were attending when we had our weekly catch up meetings. Also I helped to put together agendas and any papers that had to go out to attendees prior to the meetings. As some of the meetings were held in the evening I also had to arrange food and refreshments for these. Finally I attended each of the events to support the leads of the task and finish groups with anything they required.

Once all the events had taken place I was involved in collating the feedback that was collected by the facilitators and scribes, to ensure that this could be included in feedback going forward to the Caring Together Programme Board. This guaranteed that the views of both the care professionals and the stakeholders would be represented in the options going forward.

Finally at the beginning of July we welcomed my successor Robbie Nolan to the CCG who will be taking on the role of Transformation Programme Support Officer for 2016/17. There will be a handover period of a month so that he is fully briefed on what the role entails and the pieces of work I have been involved in this year. I really hope he enjoys the role and being a member of the CCG team as much as I have done and takes away as much as I have done from my placement year.


No comments:

Post a Comment